Land of Culture

Pelourinho da Teixeira

The Teixeira Pelourinho, located in Teixeira parish, marks the autonomy of this former county, which was granted by D. Manuel on July 17, 1514, and was extinguished in 1836. It stands on four steps, presenting a base of square section and cylindrical, smooth, with a middle ring. It finishes in a capital of square section and in a tray that supports the double column of auction.

About the author

Related Posts