The Chapel of Senhor do Bom Despacho integrates the architectural complex of the Monastery of Santo André de Ancede. The construction of this chapel is located in the first half of the 18th century, reflecting the architectural taste of the time, when adopting the octagonal plan and the Johannine style, typically baroque for the decoration of the interior in gilded carving and [...]
Modest temple, of longitudinal plant, with a lower chancel and narrower than the body composed by a single nave. The construction of this church should date from the end of the thirteenth century, incorporating several marks of masonry, and reusing silhares of an earlier construction, to be evaluated by the inscription placed inverted on the north wall of the chancel [...]
The Great Church of Ancede, was obviously the church of the monastery of Saint Andrew of Ancede built in the beginning of the 12th Century, as the first known documented reference is from 1120.
Although not known the date of its foundation, it is known that in 1120 this Monastery belonged already to the Diocese of Porto, being connected to the Canons Regrantes of St. Augustine. In 1141, D. Afonso Henriques sold the Charter de Couto to the abbot of the Monastery for 150 morabitinos. In 1560, it is annexed to the Convent of S. Domingos [...]