12th century - 19th century
Although not known the date of its foundation, it is known that in 1120 this Monastery belonged already to the Diocese of Porto, being connected to the Canons Regrantes of St. Augustine. In 1141, D. Afonso Henriques sold the Charter de Couto to the abbot of the Monastery for 150 morabitinos. In 1560, it is annexed to the Convent of St. Domingos of Lisbon, by decision of Pope Pius IV. In the eighteenth century several buildings are built that still today make this architectural ensemble remarkable: the Barns and the Cellar, the octagonal Chapel of Our Lord of Bom Despacho and probably the Fontanário. At the beginning of the In the 19th century, the monastery was sold by public auction, being held by the Baron of Ancede.
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (last entry to visit at 12:00 p.m.)
2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (last entry to visit at 4:00 p.m.)
Closes on time:
Normal ticket - € 1.00
School Groups1 (out of the county) - 0,50 € px
1 We offer the visit to the teachers involved in the visit