The former municipality of Teixeira was granted a charter by D. Manuel on July 17, 1514. Its pillory, dating back to the sixteenth century, was certainly erected to mark this county autonomy.
It rises on four steps, presenting a base of square section and cylindrical stem, smooth, with ring in the middle. It finishes in a capital of square section and in a tray that supports the double column of auction.
Interactive Tourism Store
Rua de Camões,
Dr. José Teixeira da Silva's Garden
Mon. to Fri. 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Sat. and Sun. 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
+351 255 540 562